Alessio Collalti has a Master Science Degree in Natural Sciences at “Sapienza” University of Rome and a Ph.D. in Forest Ecology at University of Tuscia, Viterbo.
- His principal background concerns Forest Ecology, Carbon and Nitrogen Cycle, Forest and Vegetation modelling, particularly with regard to vegetation numerical modelling and forests responses under natural and anthropogenic stress, including Climate Change
- He has been working at the University of Tuscia (Viterbo) and at the Foundation Euro–Mediterranean Centre on Climate Change, where he developed the 3D-CMCC (Three Dimensional–Coupled Model Carbon Cycle) Forest Ecosystem Model. He is currently a permanent position researcher at the Italian National Research Council (CNR) and the lead of the Forest Modelling Laboratory at CNR–ISAFOM (https://www.forest-modelling-lab.com)
- He is an editorial board member and a subject editor in different international WoS journals (e.g. Frontiers in Ecology and Evolution, Forests, iForest) and guest editor for Special Issues (e.g. Climate, Annals of Forest Science), and he is the national coordinator of the Forest Modelling working group (https://sisef.org/category/gdl/modellistica/) and member of the advisory board of the Italian Society of Silviculture and Forest Ecology (SISEF)
- He is member of the Carbon Cycle working group at CNR and member of the Expert Round-Table of Forest Modelling. In his career he has published as lead author or as co-author different book chapters and more than twenty–five scientific papers in international journals (e.g. Science, Nature Plants, Global Change Biology)
- He is the Principal Investigator at the Inter–Sectoral Impact Model Intercomparison Project (ISIMIP) and at European Forest Institute funded FORMASAM project
- He has been and he currently is the tutor of several Ph.D. and Master Degree students at the University of Tuscia