Tel +39 06.4993 (int.27561)
He is a Researcher at CNR-ISAFOM (since 2011) and he was contract Professor in Pedology at University of Salerno (Dep. of Chemistry and Biology, Degree course in Environmental Science, 2013-2018). He got the degree in Agricultural Science and Technology (110/110 and praise) in March 2002 at the University of Naples Federico II, Faculty of Agriculture of Portici (NA) discussing a thesis entitled “Grapewine Zoning in Telese Valley: a methodological approach”; in February 2006 he got the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in “Valorization and management of the Agro-Forest Resources” in applied Pedology, at the University of Naples “Federico II”, discussing the thesis entitled "Determination of protecting capability of soils to the agricultural nitrate pollution: comparison between simulation models", which earned him the award doctoral AISSA (Italian Association of Agrarian Scientific Society) (2006). He was (2009-2014) member of the Soil Physics Commission of the Italian Society of Soil Science (SISS); currently, he is the president of “Use and Soil management” division of the Italian Society of Soil Science (SISS). Moreover, he is a member of the European Geoscience Union (EGU) (since 2009) and the Italian Society of Pedology (SIPE). Currently he is the scientific manager of:
- Joint Research & Development Projects between Italy and Israel “AN ADVANCED LOW COST SYSTEM FOR FARM IRRIGATION SUPPORT – LCIS” funded by MAECI - MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS AND INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION of Italian Republic (in progress)
- CNR-ISAFOM unit in the regional project "Reducing the distance between research and farmers (RURAL)" RDP Campania 2014-2020. Measure 16 - Sub-measure 16.5 (in progress).
- CNR unit for the National Project (PRIN 2017) “Influence of Agro-climatic conDitions on the microbiome and genetic expression of grApevines for the Production of red wines: a
- mulTisciplinary approach” ADAPT project (in progress).
In 2018 he obtained the national qualification for associated professor in Pedology (National Scientific Qualification), sector of Agricultural Chemistry, Agricultural Genetics and Pedology (07 / E1), call for applications 1532/2016.
He is currently co-guest editor for:
- the special issue "New Frontiers of Multiscale Monitoring, Analysis and Modeling of Environmental Systems via Integration of Remote and Proximal Sensing Measurements" in the journal MDPI Remote Sensing (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/remotesensing/special_issues/multiscale_rs?view=compact&listby=date)
- Research Topic “Biogeosciences and Wine: the Management and Environmental Processes that Regulate the Terroir Effect in Space and Time” on Frontiers in Earth Science (https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/10197/biogeosciences-and-wine-the-management-and-environmental-processes-that-regulate-the-terroir-effect )
For further information