Electronic engineering and employee at the National Research Council (CNR) - Institute for Agricultural and Forestry Systems of the Mediterranean (ISAFOM), support organizational unit of Catania, via Empedocle, 58 (CT).
Scientific coordinator of the computer area of the ISAFOM CNR in Catania.
Main research interests:
- sensors, automation, electronics and computer science, Design, development and evaluation of distributed and heterogeneous information systems, targeted to Green Cities and the agri-food domain and based on Artificial Intelligence and Knowledge engineering methodologies.
Specific competencies include:
- Technologies for smart green cities, smart sensors and data management in agriculture, Semantic web and ontologies, Data analytics, Knowledge discovery from Big Data, Cyber-physical systems, Deep Learning and Computer vision. Excellent electronic and IT knowledge and use of technology.
- Knowledge of many computer programs including: Microsoft, Linux operating systems, Orcad applications, PSpice, Logic works, Matlab, Visual Basic, C ++ language, Assembler, Qbasic.
- Knowledge of structural funds and creator of many of projects such as PON, FESR, Horizon 2020 etc.
- Evaluated collaboration with national and multinational companies.
- University of Palermo, Teacher in management engineering Degree(date 2010/2011) Analysis of an innovative production system and related supply chain.
Main scientific publications and industrial patents:
- patent : “Automatic distributor for juices extracted from fresh fruit “
- patent: “Equipment for collecting , counting , classifying and dispensing coins”
- patent: “Automatic distributor for juices extracted from fresh fruit “
- patent:“Distributeur automatique de jus extraits de fruits frais “
- “Wi-City : A Federation Architecture of Metropolitan Database to Support Mobile User in Real time “
- “ Real time assessment of hand-arm vibration system based on capacitive MEMS “
- “Cynara Cardunculus L.To Produce Biofuel in semi – arid environment of mediterranean basin “